BestsellerBound

April 23, 2014, 07:45:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Street of Lost Gods  (Read 2132 times)
Gareth Lewis

« on: October 31, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »

Rax Darkthorn was the greatest Knowhound in Nexi, the thief-city, and one of the few to ever escape it. When a friend dies, he returns to learn what can kill a god, even one reduced to selling miracles on the Street of Lost Gods.

A 7000 word fantasy short story.

It's $0.99, but up till the 10th of November you can get it for free from Smashwords (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/100727) with the coupon code ED28X.
James Briar

Wayward Vagrant

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:43:46 AM »

I've downloaded it, and will read and review as soon as I get a chance. It sounds quite imaginative. Thanks for the free coupon code, too! Smiley

http://jsoph.blogspot.com/

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." - Oscar Wilde
Maria Savva
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:52:47 PM »

I've downloaded it too, Gareth, and will try to fit it in somewhere in my never-ending TBR list! I thought having a kindle would make it easier to keep track of the ebooks I have to read, but I am still thoroughly swamped!! Thanks for the free download!

Gareth Lewis

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »

Thanks kindly, and I hope you enjoy it.
Joel Kirkpatrick

@jbkirkpat Tweets!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 05:21:51 AM »

Just got my copy, Gareth.  Smiley

When America Slew Her King is crap. Don't buy it!
BrockDeskins

my blog: http://brockdeskins.blogspot.com/

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »

I will definitely check this out. I love the title already. I hate trying to figure out a title.

Brock E. Deskins
Gareth Lewis

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »

Thanks.

Here's a coupon to get it free till the end of the year on Smashwords (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/100727): RF96G

So far the only sales it's had are with the earlier coupon, so I'm considering making it free anyway (might wait till I get around to doing more in the possible series, though).

Titles I find either easy or hard to get, with little middle ground. Either I know initially what it's going to be, or it takes till very late in the process to settle on one I'm happy with (and some of my published titles I'm still not happy with, but once they get in your mind it's difficult to come up with something better).
Jaleta Clegg

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 06:30:01 PM »

It sounds interesting. I just downloaded it to add to my long list of things to read. Thanks!

BrockDeskins

my blog: http://brockdeskins.blogspot.com/

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »

OO I'm glad I checked back in. Thanks so much. I haven't quite figured out the coupon code thing yet but this gives me a good idea how it works. I'll probably be putting out a couple myself now.

Brock E. Deskins
Joel Kirkpatrick

@jbkirkpat Tweets!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »

Gareth!

Sir, Street of Lost Gods is nothing short of magnificent. I have posted said praise on Amazon, and will shortly repeat myself in several locations—Smashwords included.

That is a $900 story, wrapped in a 99¢ package.

Thank you for offering it. Arden will haunt me for years to come.

When America Slew Her King is crap. Don't buy it!
Gareth Lewis

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »

Thank you kindly.

I was just considering making it free, since the only sales have been with the coupons, but now it has reviews I might leave it a while and see (it'll probably be a while before I can get around to doing more stories in the setting, anyway).
Gareth Lewis

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »

This is now free. I've had a couple of sales, but that's all, so I'd rather let it try drawing readers to my other stuff, or later books in the proposed series.

I've started roughly outlining the next one, although I'm not sure whether the working title, A Fistful of Faeries, could be too easily taken teh wrong way (and I wouldn't want to offend Paypal's delicate sensebilities  Smiley).

I'm also growing unhappy with the cover, so I might change that before the next one comes out. (I was just going to add Tales of the Thief-City, the series name, at the top of the existing cover)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: